Years from now, when you’re a C-suite agency bigwig you can tell them you worked your way to the top from Account Coordinator—the very position we have an opening for right now on our marketing account team in our Charlotte office.
As an Account Coordinator, you will be an integral part of a dynamic account service team responsible for maintaining the local merchandising program and assisting with the development and management of fully integrated marketing programs for McDonald’s. You’ll do your share of coordinating, QA-ing, reporting, and supporting the account team in general. It’s an entry-level job, but it’s a chance to dive into the ad agency world and learn the business from the ground up. Who knows, maybe one day it will be your name on the door.
- Assist the account team in coordinating tactical details of national and local marketing programs
- Administer the upkeep and organization of the online server:
- Maintain accurate database of store lists, client contact sheets, etc., to ensure accurate client communication
- Coordinate and manage client events and meetings:
- Manage event details which include, but is not limited to, working with venue management, planning and overseeing catering and equipment, setting up and taking down meeting materials
- Transcribe meeting minutes for record keeping
- Update agency and client calendar invites
- Manage the local restaurant-level retail merchandising program:
- Coordinate with vendors on initiating and managing orders for restaurant-level promotional displays
- Oversee the development and distribution of monthly merchandising guides
- Maintain online merchandising portal and weekly communications
- Be the agency point of contact for merchandising and promotional questions and resolutions
- Assist with the agency creative production process
- Work closely with the agency billing team to ensure timely and accurate processing of client invoices
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Forge strong relationships with clients, vendors, and promotional partners
- May travel up to fifteen percent of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite—create, edit, and format Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for collaboration and an intellectual curiosity of business challenges
ALSO A PLUS
- Relevant internship experience in an ad agency or the food industry
- Familiarity with the Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, or Kentucky areas
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks and switch gears when needed to meet deadlines.
- Is hospitable, conscientious, and thrives working in a service-oriented environment.
- Is solution-oriented and brings a fresh perspective to solving problems.
- Is motivated and able to follow through on projects from start to finish.
- Is a team player and has a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude—no job is too big or too small.
- Is a high achiever and takes pride in producing their best work every day.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Account Coordinator–Charlotte.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.