At H&L, we believe in order to create the best work, it’s important to bring out the best in each other and ourselves. To do that, we’re always looking for people who can match our passion for innovative and collaborative thinking as well as dedication to always going the extra mile.
H&L Partners is looking for an Account Executive to join our account service team in our Chicago office.
As an Account Executive, you will be an integral part of a dynamic account service team responsible for local retail merchandising and assisting with the development and execution of fully integrated marketing communication plans for McDonald’s in the Chicagoland region.
If you are endlessly curious, a team player, and have a passion for a love-for-food environment, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- Assist the account team in developing and executing strategies and tactics spanning the full marketing mix
- Forge and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, and promotional partners
- Lead the planning, production, and execution of retail point-of-purchase merchandising
- Lead the development of local broadcast, digital, and out-of-home creative assets on time and under budget, including writing creative briefs, managing production jobs with the Project Management and Creative teams, and presenting and reviewing creative with clients and other stakeholders
- Manage the client budget in partnership with the Account team, Accounting, and clients, with duties including planning, reconciliation, and invoice processing
- Compose and distribute communications covering relevant local marketing news and updates to franchisees and restaurant managers
- Manage broadcast and digital trafficking for all local campaigns
- Manage team and client jobs using Webvantage software
- Administer the upkeep and organization of files on the internal online server, including client contact lists, local creative assets, and presentation decks
- Capture meeting minutes and action items during internal and client meetings, as well as coordinate meeting materials
- Provide administrative support
- May travel one to two days per month, mostly to local destinations for in-person meetings
- Two or more years of experience in account service or brand management, preferably within an agency or marketing department
- A background in advertising or marketing, ideally with business-to-consumer marketing, field marketing, retail, or quick service restaurant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Passion for collaboration and an intellectual curiosity of business challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite—create, edit, and format Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
ALSO A PLUS
- Experience in professional client/customer relationship management
- Experience in project management
- Experience and comfort with public speaking
- Experience in successfully working with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Familiarity with the geography and diverse culture of the Chicagoland region
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Can anticipate clients’ needs and deliver solutions.
- Has demonstrated abilities to effectively establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Is hospitable, conscientious, and thrives working in a client-centric environment.
- Is motivated and able to follow through on projects from start to finish.
- Thrives in a fast-paced collaborative work environment.
- Is a high achiever who strives for excellence in their performance.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.