H&L Partners is looking for an Account Executive to join its marketing account team. The position will be based either in Boston or Atlanta. The Account Executive will be an integral part of a dynamic account service team that is responsible for developing and managing local merchandising and fully integrated marketing programs for McDonald’s. If you’re highly organized and ready for a challenging and rewarding experience in a full-service advertising agency, we’re looking for you!
- Use business data and consumer insights to develop plans that will drive traffic and profits
- Consult with clients and media partners about campaign requirements
- Write meeting-related communications, including pre-reads, minutes, and conference reports
- Lead client event planning, working closely with venue management, catering, and AV teams
- Manage local merchandising program by:
- Creating and distributing monthly merchandising guides
- Maintaining online merchandising portal and communication, update tool weekly
- Coordinating with vendors on POP creative development and ordering
- Fielding merchandising and promotion questions from clients and finding solutions
- Steward the agency creative production process by:
- Writing creative briefs, securing client approval, and initiating creative requests through the agency project management platform
- Managing the creative development process, from creative kickoff through handoff of finished creative assets
- Coordinating with agency personnel and clients to ensure quick and accurate execution of projects
- Issue traffic instructions for broadcast and digital, and also talent payment summaries monthly
- Work closely with the agency’s Finance team to ensure timely and accurate billing of client invoices
- Update client budget documents each month, including actual and projected billings
- Maintain an agency status document that tracks the progress of all deliverables, and also lead the weekly status call
- Seek to have a thorough understanding of our clients’ business and their products
- Build a rapport and establish credibility with our clients and our internal teams
- Collaborate with McDonald’s marketing personnel in the field to align local marketing efforts with national plans
- Manage client expectations regarding budget, scope of work, timing, schedules, and processes
- A background in advertising, ideally with experience in retail or QSR
- Experience in professional client relationship management, ideally with clients comprised of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A persuasive and confident approach to communicating
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Good with detail and in managing budgets
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multitask
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in account service within an agency or marketing department
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is flexible: able to prioritize multiple tasks and switch gears when needed to meet deadlines.
- Is courteous and conscientious: thrives in a service-oriented environment
- Is a problem solver: able to follow through on projects from start to finish
- Is a high achiever: takes pride in producing his or her best work.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Account Executive-ATL/Boston. Please state in your cover letter the location to which you are applying.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.