At H&L, we believe in order to create the best work, it’s important to bring out the best in each other and ourselves. To do that, we’re always looking for people who can match our passion for innovative and collaborative thinking as well as dedication to always going the extra mile.
H&L Partners is looking for an Account Executive to join our account service team in our Oakland office.
As an Account Executive, you will be an integral part of a dynamic account service team responsible for and assisting with the development and management of fully integrated marketing programs for McDonald’s. You will be engaged in the day-to-day running of the account. If you have a passion for a fast-paced, team-player, collaborative environment, then this could be the perfect job for you.
- Assist the account team in coordinating national and local marketing programs
- Guide day-to-day development of advertising and marketing activities in accordance with the client’s objectives and budget
- Coordinate with Media, Creative, and Account teams to communicate the client’s objectives and develop solutions and recommendations
- Manage jobs through the Agency’s creative process, including production, creative brief writing, team briefings, and creative presentations with clients
- Handle day-to-day communication with clients
- Overall management of the local restaurant-level retail merchandising program
- Manage the Assistant Account Executive on development and execution of all merchandising programs
- Manage internal team resources on projects, working with Project Management, Creative, Production, and Media, and ensuring budgets and project deliverables are met
- Manage the financial aspects of the account by working closely with the Agency’s Finance team to ensure timely and accurate processing of client invoices and billing
- Work with the Supervisor to manage budgets, reconciliations, and forecasting for clients
- Work with the Multicultural Director on any specific creative or production need
- Assist the Public Relations team with project management
- Work with the Assistant Account Executive on the creative trafficking process for all campaigns
- Provide guidance to the Assistant Account Executive, as needed
- Forge strong relationships with clients, vendors, and promotional partners
- At least two years of experience in account service within an agency or marketing department is required
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications or related fields
- Strong client relationship skills
- A background in advertising, ideally with retail or quick service restaurant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and budget management
- Passion for collaboration and an intellectual curiosity of business challenges
- Familiarity with Northern California and the Central Coast—specifically, San Francisco and Santa Barbara
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Can anticipate clients’ needs and provide solutions.
- Brings a fresh perspective to solving problems.
- Is flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks and switch gears when needed to meet deadlines.
- Has strong skills in establishing relationships with clients and earning their trust.
- Is hospitable, conscientious, and thrives working in a service-oriented environment.
- Is a team player and has a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude—no job is too big or too small.
- Is a high achiever and takes pride in producing their best work every day.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com