At H&L, we believe in order to create the best work, it’s important to bring out the best in each other and ourselves. To do that, we’re always looking for people who can match our passion for innovative and collaborative thinking as well as dedication to always going the extra mile.
H&L Partners is looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our account service team in our Phoenix office.
As an Assistant Account Executive, you will be an integral part of a dynamic account service team responsible for maintaining the local merchandising program and assisting with the development and management of fully integrated marketing programs for McDonald’s. If you have a passion for a fast-paced, team-player and love-for-food environment, then this could be the perfect job for you.
- Assist the account team in coordinating tactical details of national and local marketing programs
- Coordinate and manage client events and meetings:
- Manage event details which include, but is not limited to, working with venue management, planning and overseeing catering and equipment, setting up and taking down meeting materials
- Work with the Account Executive to manage the local restaurant-level retail merchandising program:
- Coordinate with vendors on initiating and managing orders for restaurant-level promotional displays
- Oversee the development and distribution of monthly merchandising guides
- Maintain online merchandising and weekly communications
- Be the agency point of contact for merchandising and promotional questions and resolutions
- Assist with the agency creative production process, including managing production jobs, creative briefing, creative presentation with clients, and managing and processing invoices
- Work with the Account Executive to manage the creative trafficking process for all campaigns
- Work closely with the agency billing team to ensure timely and accurate processing of client and production invoices
- Manage client expectations regarding budget, scope of work, timing, schedules, and processes
- Assist PR account team with project management or client support
- Administer the upkeep and organization of the online server:
- Maintain accurate database of store lists, contact sheets, and other client information to ensure accurate client communication
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Forge strong relationships with clients, vendors, and promotional partners
- May travel up to forty percent of the time
- 2+ years of experience in account service within an agency or marketing department
- Experience in professional client relationship management
- A background in advertising, ideally with retail or QSR experience
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications or a related field
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite—create, edit, and format Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A keen attention to detail and budget management
- Strong time management skills
- Passion for collaboration and an intellectual curiosity of business challenges
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Can anticipate client needs and provide solutions.
- Is flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks and switch gears when needed to meet deadlines.
- Is hospitable and conscientious, and thrives working in a service-oriented environment.
- Is solution oriented and brings a fresh perspective to solving problems.
- Is motivated and able to follow through on projects from start to finish.
- Is a team player and has a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude—no job is too big or too small.
- Is a high achiever and takes pride in producing their best work every day.
- Is fluent in Spanish.
- Is familiar with Arizona, Las Vegas, and Northern California.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Assistant Account Executive–Phoenix.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami. To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com