H&L Partners is looking for an Assistant Media Planner who’s excited to learn the ins and outs of digital media and advertising. If you’re a self-starter, motivated, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty as you learn about all things digital media, then this is the role for you!
The Assistant Media Planner will support the Media Supervisor and Associate Media Director with media planning, buying, campaign implementation, activation, and management across digital media campaigns (e.g., display, mobile, video, social media) for Auto, Travel, and Education clients. The position will be based in St. Louis
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Media Supervisor and Associate Media Director with media strategies and media recommendations for clients
- Work closely with the Media Supervisor and Associate Media Director to develop digital media plans, by putting together campaign RFPs (request for proposals), reviewing media partner media plans, and issuing insertion orders
- Maintain planning spreadsheets and flowcharts
- Provide research support during strategy development, using standard tools (e.g., @Plan, MRI, Scarborough, AdRelevance)
- Assist in the management of paid social media campaigns across all clients. This includes setting up campaign parameters, budget, and targeting, and providing recommendations
- Work with ad ops and analytics on implementation and measurement of all approved media plans and projects
- Assist ad ops in trafficking ad tags and creative, using third-party server tools
- Maintain client budgets and media estimates
- Assist in developing client-facing deliverables, such as media recommendations and wrap-up reports
- Resolve billing discrepancies and approve media invoices for payment
- Monitor the performance of all media plans
- Ensure the timely creation and delivery of work to Media Supervisor, Associate Media Director, and Media Director
- Cultivate strong relationships with other agency teams—including account service, creative, finance, media buying, production, and traffic—to facilitate the flawless execution of media plans
- Maintain close contact with media sales representatives and set up meetings with them to help them stay current with media trends
- Provide POVs on trends and media opportunities
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good with detail and able to function well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is a self-starter and a problem solver
- Takes the initiative
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Is a critical and analytical thinker
- Is comfortable working with numbers
- Is excited to learn
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Assistant Media Planner-STL.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.