You’re that person. Who knows media like nobody else. Who breathes it. H&L Partners is looking for an Associate Media Director who’s excited about the emerging media landscape and about developing the right strategies and media plans for our clients.
The Associate Media Director will manage the day-to-day planning and reporting activity for several accounts, as well as work closely with the Media team to execute objectives and strategies for media plans. The focus is mainly in digital planning/buying, but broadcast/traditional experience is welcomed.
This position will work with the media sales community, in-house research departments, clients, and creative teams to develop and carry out unique and strategically appropriate media approaches, including the exploration of venues (sites, creative technologies, etc.) that use emerging technologies pertinent to our clients’ objectives. The successful candidate will contribute to our Media team’s knowledge base by creating and sharing case studies, POVs, and seminar/conference summaries, and will also maintain constant communication with the traffic, production, and creative departments within our clients’ and partners’ organizations.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct media planning research using standard tools (@Plan, GfK MRI, Scarborough, AdRelevance, etc.)
- Work alongside the Media Director and broadcast buyers on overall media strategy development of targeted and innovative media solutions for clients
- Manage and develop the day-to-day media planning process and workflow, mainly within digital
- Manage implementation of all approved media plans and projects
- Be knowledgeable about trafficking ad tags and creative intended for a variety of ad-serving platforms
- Supervise client budgets and media estimates
- Monitor performance of all media plans and develop rationales that explain the results to clients
- Ensure timely creation and delivery of work to Media Director and clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with agency teams—including account services, creative, finance, media buying, production, and traffic—to facilitate flawless execution of media plans
- Maintain close contact with media sales representatives to keep current with data pertaining to their properties and the markets they serve
- Ensure that the Media team follows best practices, and establish the systems and procedures needed for the team to produce timely and accurate work
- Lead by monitoring and managing workflow, identifying and addressing issues, and setting priorities
- Assist Media Director with finance operations and quality analysis, as it relates to media billing
- Actively assist with and participate in new business pitches
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED QUALITIES
- Minimum of 5 to 6 years of digital media experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Additional experience with traditional media is desired but not mandatory
- Knowledge of brand and direct-response advertising tactics, performance metrics, and optimization best practices for direct and programmatic buys across all digital channels (search, web, social, mobile, email, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in executing media plans that deliver positive results for clients
- Must be a reliable resource, as well as self-motivated and highly organized given the amount of coordination needed between multiple internal and external teams
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent agency and client relationships
- Highly organized multitasker who functions well in a deadline-oriented and fast- paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to handle lines of communication between clients, vendors, and internal teams
- Strong analytical skills accompanied by attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate in a team environment
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Sizmek/VersaTag, Facebook ads, DSPs, and web analytics
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about H&L Partners, visit www.handlpartners.com