Are you familiar with ISCI codes? Comfortable in a sunless sound studio? Happy to handle the tidal wave of minutiae and paperwork that comes with production that no one else will deal with? Then you might be our next Associate Producer at H&L Partners in Oakland’s Jack London Square. We produce a lot of broadcast—TV, radio, and online content. You will be responsible for making it happen. Making it good. Making it right. Making it on budget. And keeping a level head despite the lunacy of it all.
- Under the direction of the Executive Producer, create production and postproduction estimates and schedules for a range of projects.
- Be responsible for tracking the budgets and actualizing costs for those projects with finance and account teams.
- Produce radio jobs, both general market and multicultural.
- Work closely with other H&L offices in managing their TV and radio needs (under the direction of the Executive Producer).
- Contact talent agents; send casting specs and scripts for on-camera, voiceover, and radio casting; and manage auditions with the creative teams.
- Work with the agency creative teams to secure internal and client approvals throughout the production process.
- Generate talent contracts and submit them to the Business Affairs Manager when they’re signed, along with a Talent Completion Report.
- Conduct music searches for radio, internet, and TV projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with recording studios to hold and book studio time.
- Work with project managers and in-house editors to help facilitate broadcast and digital projects.
- Submit vendor invoices to the Executive Producer for approval, then code, file, and forward copies to Accounting in a timely manner.
- Generate vendor POs and reconcile them with vendor invoices.
- Ensure that copies of all estimates, as well as other pertinent information, are stored on the agency production server.
- Troubleshoot production problems when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years of experience with the broadcast production process, both in TV and radio.
- Minimum of two years of experience in advertising.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with creative and account teams, project managers, and outside vendors. Must be good at motivating people while working as part of a team.
- Able to multitask, manage many projects at once, and meet deadlines.
- Must be flexible, able to act decisively, and remain calm under pressure, all while maintaining a cheerful and unflappable can-do attitude.
- Must be self-motivated and able to anticipate needs before they arise during broadcast jobs.
Prospective candidates should have a desire to continue learning about production and grow into a full producer position.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Associate Producer-OAK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.