H&L Partners is currently looking for a talented and experienced Business Affairs Manager to join our growing team.
We’re looking for someone with deep knowledge of all union, legal, and clearance issues associated with advertising, production, and branded content. You’ll be responsible for negotiating and maintaining broadcast, content, and digital affairs rights management. You’ll also play a vital role in the creative process.
You’ll collaborate with creatives to work within projects’ budgetary means. People may have questions, ranging from “If the talent is only shown from the elbow down are they a principal?” to “So, how much would it cost to license ‘Let It Be’?”, and you’ll be able to give us answers, hopefully in an understanding way.
- Review vendor agreements to ensure compliance with Client SOWs and MSAs
- Provide Producers, Project Managers, and client teams with accurate estimates for talent session fees, usage, residuals, and all other talent- and music-related production costs
- Trademark searches for proposed branding, taglines, signage, design, etc.
- Review creative materials and advise Agency teams on talent, copyright, and intellectual property issues
- Negotiate and create contracts and agreements for talent and music vendors
- Work with network broadcast standards departments for spot clearance
- Negotiate with Production vendors on terms and conditions
- Process session and production invoices
- Broadcast traffic–Prep and send traffic instructions for all television creative.
- Monitor holding and releasing of spots and process holding fees with agency talent vendors
- Negotiate Talent contracts
- Negotiate music licensing
- Stay updated on current SAG and AFTRA rules and regulations
- Work with Extreme Reach for Talent processing
- Partner with production, creative, and account teams to advise on cost-effective talent and options
- Continually update the Account teams on Talent process, rules, and regulations
- Work closely with Account teams to screen work for potential legal and/or licensing issues
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role at an advertising agency
- Outstanding attention to detail and experience writing high-level business affairs documents and contracts
- SAG-AFTRA Union knowledge
- Strong experience in contract administration and polished negotiation skills
- Ability to research intellectual property and clearance, copyright, and advertising law
- Experience creating award documents, licensing, and Talent agreements, and vendor purchase orders
- Shows a thorough knowledge of talent contracts (union and otherwise) and an aptitude for flagging legal issues across client work
- Can mentor account and production teams across offices on all matters related to Business Affairs
- Has experience working with Risk Management to evaluate production and contract concerns
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives off of collaborating with others
- Is tech savvy and organized to a fault
- Can serve as the lead source of information surrounding talent, usage, and contracts at the Agency
- Enjoys teaching others about Business Affairs
- Able to keep Agency employees engaged with our online talent portals and systems
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.