H&L Partners is looking for a Client Accountant to join our Finance team in our main office located in Oakland’s Jack London Square. H&L is an established full-service ad agency based in Oakland, with seven satellite offices across the US.
At H&L, we believe that in order to create the best work, we need to bring out the best in each other and ourselves. We’re looking for a Client Accountant who can match our passion for innovative and collaborative thinking and our dedication to always going the extra mile. The Client Accountant is the main point of contact for financial matters as they relate to our clients’ accounts and business segments as assigned.
- Become familiar with established Finance department policies and procedures and refer to them when executing all duties, referring questions to the Director of Accounting, as needed
- Learn in detail how Account teams, Producers, Project Managers, and others use H&L’s enterprise resource planning software, Advantage, and other tools, and develop proficiency in these tools in order to assist teams with frequently asked questions; escalate any issues to the Director of Accounting, as needed
- Provide support to internal teams with tasks such as job setup and adjustment; estimate setup and approval; purchase order setup, approval, and reconciliation; accounts payable and expense report submissions; timesheet inquiries; and various reporting requests
- Routinely review items in queue for client billing (for H&L’s Production work) by generating reports from cloud-based systems including the Advantage system; identify anomalies and address them with the appropriate teams
- Schedule and distribute selected reports for Work in Process (WIP) meetings with Account teams, Producers, Project Managers, and others at least once a month
- Lead frequent client account status meetings with Account teams, Producers, Project Managers, and others to review Work in Process (WIP) reports, and agree on action items for a subsequent client billing packet
- Collaborate with the Media team by using Strata media buying and reconciliation software to prepare accurate client billing packets; meet with Buyers on the Media team and verify the amounts in the packet correspond to the amounts on the client’s budget
- Accurately prepare client billing packets on a timely basis while adhering to instructions specific to the account
- Respond to the client’s billing inquiries to resolve billing discrepancies, and ensure processes are consistent with the client’s specific billing instructions
- Regularly monitor and follow up on the collection of accounts receivable balances
- Make sound business judgments when resolving internal and external inquiries and escalate select issues to the Director of Accounting, as appropriate
- Build custom Microsoft Excel templates and reports to facilitate financial analysis and reporting as it relates to budgets, billing, and profitability for the client
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Finance and accounting background with a minimum of two or more years in financial management and budget management, preferably within advertising or media industries
- Knowledge of all media types preferred—broadcast network (e.g., television, radio), local, print, out-of-home, and digital
- Familiarity with broadcast, print, and digital production accounting
- Experience in a fast-paced, client-service environment; a high sense of urgency and a high standard for customer service are required
- Must be a team player, an agile learner, and an individual especially skilled with financial data analysis and reporting
- Ability to follow up on outstanding items with internal and external colleagues and teams in a conscientious and effective manner
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel; can perform functions such as VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Ability to learn and understand enterprise resource planning systems, including Advantage and Strata
- High level of organization and attention to detail are critical
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple clients, business segments, projects, and a high volume of financial billing transactions within established deadlines
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Has a high standard for meticulousness and accuracy.
- Works proactively and efficiently, with a mindset to provide solutions.
- Is an agile learner and takes the initiative.
- Creates a positive experience with internal and external teams.
- Has demonstrated their ability to collaborate and communicate with teams at all levels.
- Has proven they can manage their time, establish priorities, and work independently.
To apply and send résumé, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com