H&L Partners is looking for an experienced Client Accountant to join our Accounting team in Oakland, California. The Client Accountant position is broadly responsible for managing the accounting for our client with multiple business units. The Client Accountant collaborates closely with internal teams.
- Complete monthly client billings and adhere to the Agency’s policies and processes
- Liaise with Account Service, Media, and Production teams regularly, more so in the time leading to billing deadlines
- Build and maintain confidence and trust with our client through the delivery of accurate work before the deadline
- Quickly learn and understand accounting software, especially Strata and Advantage ERP, to facilitate the client billing process
- Transfer media orders and Accounts Payable data from Strata platform into Advantage ERP
- Accurately prepare monthly media billing package in a relatively short turnaround time according to internal and client specifications
- Complete account reconciliations, which include reconciling Strata data to billings generated in the Advantage ERP
- Prepare for and lead weekly work-in-progress meetings with internal teams
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc reports and financial analysis for each business unit
- Regularly maintain and update internal budget documents for multiple business units
- Take ownership for the timely resolution of internal and client issues, and refer escalating matters to the Director of Accounting as necessary
- Meet with the Account Service, Media, and Production teams as needed to resolve issues, address day-to-day queries, and ensure client needs are met
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, preferably with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- Three years of relevant work experience
- Comfortable conducting virtual meetings with screen sharing and working with cloud-based file-sharing platforms
- Experienced in processing client billings with agency software, such as Strata and Advantage ERP, or similar accounting software
- Proficient Excel skills, including working knowledge of pivot tables and VLOOKUP function
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills; able to identify, understand, and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a professional demeanor
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multitask, and effectively prioritize
- Organized, with a keen attention to detail, and able to work and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated abilities to manage workload effectively
- Strata and Advantage ERP experience a plus!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Possesses superb analytical skills and initiative to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Is curious and innovative and looks for ways to improve processes.
- Has experience within advertising or at a digital agency.
- Is able to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with teams.
- Maintains a high standard of accuracy.
- Thrives in a client-centric work environment.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.