H&L Partners is searching for a Copywriter to join our team in Oakland’s Jack London Square. Copywriters at H&L work in tandem with their Art Director partners to form the conceptual core of our agency—our creative teams. This is where convention is questioned, strategies are tested, ideas are born, and lasting client bonds are forged.
Our nimble structure at H&L Partners empowers Copywriters to take on pivotal roles in concept development across accounts, media applications, and tactical executions. At H&L, Copywriters employ research, strategic, testing, directorial, and presentation skills, in addition to writing and editing skills, to develop and influence advertising and marketing executions from concept to completion. Reporting to the Creative Director and collaborating with their fellow Creatives, Copywriters consult with account teams to define the parameters of projects. They rely on strategy teams for direction. They vet ideas and concepts through senior Creative staff and present them to account stakeholders, who often include our clients themselves.
At H&L, our Copywriters are curious, avid consumers of culture tasked with determining the fitness of the messages they create. They are the keepers of a brand’s voice, and they define its direction in every engagement, regardless of the scope.
In this, Copywriters draw from experience measured primarily by their portfolios of short-form and long-form writing for print, digital, broadcast, and social media, including headline development, copyediting, scriptwriting, broadcast production, guerrilla marketing, event activation, and more.
- Generate concepts/ideas and write highly targeted copy on one or more assigned accounts at a time.
- Create copy for clients’ ads, brochures, TV spots, radio, and other forms of advertising.
- Adapt to changes in format, media, and clients’ strategies.
- Provide multiple solutions for every challenge.
- Advocate for your ideas to both agency partners and our clients, employing insights that help get them produced on time, on budget, and to the scope of our collective vision.
- Take the driver’s seat during production phases, directing outside vendors such as designers, illustrators, animators, engineers, and production companies in bringing ideas to life.
- Be that co-creator who collaborates with your Art Director partner to champion the project through to completion.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Thinks fast on their feet while finding new ways of meeting goals.
- Shows conviction in their own judgment and decisions while responding quickly under pressure.
- Embraces diversity by listening to others while valuing their contributions and being receptive to new ideas.
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree, 3-4 years of agency experience (or equivalent experience) in advertising, marketing, or digital production. Accredited portfolio school or university creative program is a plus.
- Experience in producing work for digital, print, and broadcast channels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, as well as a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Consummate knowledge of Automotive and Quick Service Restaurant categories is highly preferred
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Copywriter-OAK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.