You’re that person. Who knows digital media like nobody else. Who breathes it. H&L Partners is looking for a Digital Media Planner who knows the emerging landscape and can develop the right strategies and digital media plans for our clients. You’re excited to provide your POV on conferences and seminars and the latest trends. You want to make everyone else smarter. You can tackle day-to-day planning and reporting on several accounts. Wunderkind is your middle name.
The Digital Media Planner will manage the day-to-day planning and reporting activity on several accounts, as well as work closely with the Planning Supervisor to develop objectives and strategies for media plans. The Digital Media Planner will work with the media sales community, in-house research departments, clients, and creative teams to develop unique and strategically appropriate media approaches, including the exploration of venues (sites, creative technologies, etc.) that use emerging technologies pertinent to our clients’ objectives. The successful candidate will contribute to our Media Team’s knowledge base by creating and sharing case studies, POVs, and conference/seminar summaries, and will also maintain constant communication with traffic, production, and creative departments within our clients’ and partners’ organizations.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct media planning research using standard tools (@Plan, MRI Scarborough, AdRelevance, etc.)
- Work with Media Supervisor/AMD on media strategy development of targeted and innovative media solutions for clients
- Manage the day-to-day media planning process and workflow
- Develop digital media plans and buy authorizations
- Handle implementation of all approved media plans and projects
- Traffic ad tags and creative using third-party server tools
- Maintain client budgets and media estimates
- Resolve billing discrepancies and approve media invoices for payment
- Monitor performance of all media plans and develop rationale explaining results for clients
- Deliver POVs and positioning papers on client issues and opportunities
- Ensure timely creation and delivery of work to Media Supervisor, AMD, Media Director, and clients
- Cultivate strong relationships with agency teams—including account service, creative, finance, media buying, production, and traffic—to facilitate flawless execution of media plans
- Maintain close contact with media sales representatives to keep current with data pertaining to their properties and the markets they serve
- Train and mentor junior media planning staff on best practices of media planning and buying
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED QUALITIES
- Minimum of 2–3 years of digital media planning experience
- Additional experience with traditional media is desired but not mandatory
- Knowledge of brand and direct-response advertising tactics, performance metrics, and optimization best practices for direct and programmatic buys across all digital channels (search, web, social, mobile, email, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop and execute media plans that deliver positive results for clients
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent agency and client relationships
- Ability to be highly organized and to function well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to effectively mentor and develop the skills of junior media planning staff
- Knowledge of standard media metrics, concepts, and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is a self-starter and a problem solver
- Takes the initiative
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Is a critical and analytical thinker
- Is comfortable working with numbers
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line: Digital Media Planner.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.