H&L Partners is looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our digital team in St. Louis. The Digital Project Manager will manage the day-to-day tasks of keeping digital projects on schedule and on budget while coordinating communication between designers, developers, project managers, and account service. This position will be necessary to manage digital projects on multiple brand teams such as McDonald’s, Toyota, and several others. This highly organized individual is in charge of managing tasks, timelines and schedules, including monitoring milestones, testing, launch/production and projects. The candidate should have 3–5 years in traffic/production, preferably within an advertising setting.
Applicants must have an understanding of marketing and technology.
The right candidate has strong initiative and helps to create clarity for objectives and deliverables. The Digital Project Manager doesn’t just manage the project, but has an understanding of the underlying strategy, business goals, and how it must ultimately be an excellent user experience. This knowledge helps shape the expectations of a reasonable work scope, budget, and timeline. This person will receive real-time training and guidance by the Director of Digital Marketing as well as have access to online training and professional development services and seminars.
- Craft project plans and task breakdowns with input from team members and team leadership. Project plans should incorporate iterative milestones, illuminate project risks, align delivery with set timelines and budgets, and account for resourcing availability. All task breakdowns should have discrete estimates.
- With support from the Digital Director, ensure quality deliverables by engaging cross-discipline leadership, enforcing rigorous QA processes and standards, and taking ownership of end-to-end delivery and client satisfaction.
- Maintain project awareness at all times, proactively tracking project budget and scope, identifying risks and mitigation paths, and delivering thoughtful, routine, and comprehensive client updates.
- Participate in project kickoff meetings with the agency’s Integrated Project Manager(s).
- Determine requirements based on the vision and scope of the project.
- Work directly with the client to provide updates of ongoing projects and be available to answer questions in regard to any project issues.
- Provide ongoing communication regarding project status or budget issues to internal team members.
- Coordinate the team and develop detailed project timelines with milestones and delivery dates.
- Prioritize and allocate project resources based on timing, scope, budgets and project requirements.
- Create, manage, and recommend changes to budgets to accommodate the shifting requirements of projects.
- Prioritize tasks for the project and communicate to cross-functional team members.
- Identify process and workflow issues, and fine-tune schedules as necessary based on the team’s overall priorities.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with technical team members.
- Schedule and facilitate all internal project meetings.
- Coordinate efforts of outside vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, personable, confident, and accountable
- 3+ years of professional experience managing website projects
- Knowledge and experience in best practices for website development
- Experience handling projects that include prioritizing responsibilities and managing time for members of a team, and tracking details of multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of marketing, design, and web development process
- Quality proofing skills and a good eye for the visual details
- Experience working with project management software
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong cognitive skills—including problem solving, decision making, and analysis
- Aesthetic sensibilities and strong attention to detail
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Has experience with collaboration tools like Slack, Basecamp, Google Docs/Sheets, AirTable.
- Has experience working with enterprise-level clients and projects.
- Has technical experience with HTML.
- Has design experience.
To apply, send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Digital Project Manager–St. Louis.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com