H&L Partners is looking for a Director of Brand Strategy who will play a pivotal role in collaborating with and leading our internal Creative, Account, and Media teams to develop and present strategic marketing recommendations. The Director of Brand Strategy will gather and use key data to ensure strategies are developed to inform messaging strategies and campaigns to increase the impact of marketing on a specific business. The successful candidate will also ensure strategies are well informed and laid out with insightful creative and messaging for our clients’ brands to raise brand awareness, drive customer growth, improve brand positioning, and generate revenue.
- Conduct rigorous analysis and market research to understand target audience behavior and what motivates a buyer
- Mine research and analyze consumer insights to feed development of brand platforms and campaigns
- Distill audience, cultural, and contextual analysis to lead new brand opportunities
- Find ways to further enhance the branding of a product or service, as well as develop a marketing plan through analysis of current market data and trends
- Design and implement brand strategy to build brand awareness and advocacy
- Develop positioning recommendations
- Define brand elements and tone
- Develop inspirational briefings and single-minded briefs that result in extraordinary creative
- Produce inventive ideas with other members of the Creative team
- Facilitate planning and ideation sessions
- Be a key participant in new business development and pitches
- Analyze clients to uncover opportunities to stimulate growth
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Fluent in primary, secondary, and syndicated research (e.g., Comscore, MRI, Forrester, eMarketer, Mintel) and proficient in observation tools (e.g., digital ethnography, customer journey studies)
- A background in statistics or scientific research
- Ability to conduct analysis of data and recognize marketing trends as a result
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm for digital and traditional marketing
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Able to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Resilience to work across several projects and balance a workload
- Skilled at implementing consumer research of all kinds
- Proven problem-solving skills and impeccable multitasking abilities
- Able to collaborate and build strong relationships with staff, clients, and vendors
- Sound mathematical and analytical abilities
- People management experience
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is passionate about marketing and advertising.
- Is an excellent writer and vivid presentation creator.
- Commands a room with an energetic, engaging, and inspirational presentation style.
- Excels in developing partnerships with clients by understanding and anticipating clients’ needs.
- Has a passion for collaboration and business challenges.
- Is comfortable working in a small-agency atmosphere and able to go beyond the scope of work.
- Is a natural problem solver and leader.
- Possesses a strong agency-planning pedigree with eight to ten years of experience developing insights, distilling cultural trends, and driving big ideas.
- Is autonomous, fearless, and ready for the challenge.
To apply, please click here.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Chicago, Phoenix, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.