You are an experienced Editor and Video Shooter who knows Premiere Pro and After Effects like the back of your hand. You live to make the cut better. And you’re happy cutting broadcast spots as well as digital content, short and long-form. You also embrace the challenge of shooting on location for a wide variety of creative projects and have an in-depth knowledge of production gear as well as the skill set to know what it takes to tell a good story. You welcome the challenge of handling edit and shooting duties as part of a busy broadcast team. If that sounds like you, then you might be the person we are seeking for our Oakland office.
- Organize all footage on the internal edit suite server for projects in production.
- Provide creative input throughout the production and post-production
- Consult with producers and creatives on upcoming projects, giving input from both shoot and edit viewpoints.
- Edit commercials and social and digital projects as needed
- Shoot video for projects as needed
- Screen all cuts with the producer and the creative team throughout the approval process.
- Address all agency and client cut
- Archive projects and maintain the organization of the archive.
- Maintain all edit and shoot equipment, troubleshoot problems, and help expedite repairs.
- Be willing to develop your color grade
- Do basic sound
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid technical understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premier Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Illustrator, and Photoshop, as well as PluralEyes, and at least a passing acquaintance with or a willingness to learn DaVinci
- Experience in shooting with a variety of digital motion cameras. Still work is a
- Familiarity with various camera post workflows including but not limited to RED, Arri, Canon, and
- Proficiency in file
- Experience in meeting a variety of technical specifications for broadcast, digital, and nontraditional
- Familiarity with color correction for broadcast
- Basic capabilities in and a willingness to learn sound design and audio finishing using Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, and the
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and pro-active, with a can-do, Must be adept at multitasking.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations while managing deadlines and organizing a multitude of details. Must be diplomatic and interested in problem-solving.
- Knowledge of 3D software (including Cinema 4D)
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college
- 2+ years of related work experience with in-house agency editorial or editorial post-production
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Loves to collaborate
- Has a drive to think creatively beyond the parameters of any given project
- Is solutions-oriented and good at making the impossible, possible
- Has a desire to work with a fun, tight-knit broadcast team within a growing ad agency
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a URL featuring samples of your work to email@example.com. Subject line: Editor and Video Shooter.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.