H&L Partners is looking for a Group Media Director who will work in a collaborative environment developing multichannel communication plans for clients as well as new business prospects. In addition to having demonstrated experience in linear and digital channels, strong analytical skills are required, as are insightful media rationales and cutting-edge media solutions. The Group Media Director will work with Media, Account Service, Insights/Research, Creative, Digital, and other departments to serve our clients. This position reports to the SVP/Media Director.
- Work with account teams to develop and implement media strategy briefs
- Communicate daily with multiple clients across lines of business
- Learn all phases of the clients’ marketing objectives
- Negotiate and document rates, cost-per-thousand impressions, placements, sponsorships, and added value
- Clearly and accurately communicate orders and changes to media vendors
- Track media expenditures in Agency systems to ensure budget compliance
- Collaborate with clients, media team members, and media planners to create and resolve processes
- Consult with clients and internal account teams on analytics, such as audience targeting, modeling, segmentation, and reporting
- Prepare and present media plans, as needed, including objectives, strategy, rationale, and all backup materials
- Supervise the execution of media plans, including preparation of media budgets, schedules of insertions, contracts, and supporting materials
- Train and supervise planners in all media—digital; television, video, radio and audio spots; consumer and trade magazines; newspapers; outdoor; and others
- Stimulate the team’s productivity and growth by assigning work that aligns with each member’s skills and strengths, and that motivates their interests and challenges their minds
- Work with channel leads from Paid Social, Paid Search, and Programmatic
- Understand the concept and application of leveraging a technology stack
- Ensure projects are produced completely, correctly, and efficiently
- Plan for specific accounts which also have client team planners; communicate with the team planners, buyers, and digital team
- Encourage thorough evaluation of media proposals and alternative media opportunities
- Participate in new business project assignments
- Prepare and execute all special assignments requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of over ten years of related experience in media planning and buying required
- Work experience in digital (e.g., paid search, social, programmatic), spot television, spot cable, spot radio, newspapers, magazines, and outdoor advertising preferred
- Proven negotiation skills
- Solid writing and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of standard media resources and tools
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Able to work well under pressure and with strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven problem-solving skills and impeccable multitasking abilities
- Able to collaborate and build strong relationships with staff, clients, and vendors
- Sound mathematical and analytical abilities
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is passionate about planning and executing advertising campaigns.
- Is comfortable delivering client presentations.
- Excels in developing partnerships with clients by understanding and anticipating clients’ needs.
- Has a passion for collaboration and business challenges.
- Is comfortable working in a small-agency atmosphere and able to go beyond the scope of work.
To apply, please click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.