We’re growing and looking for a smart, driven, and creative Account Executive. The ideal Account Executive acts as a link between clients and the agency and communicates clearly to all involved.
The Account Executive will be helping us support our clients and shape our team while learning highly desirable and career-accelerating skills.
- Understand clients’ needs and objectives, and work closely with the senior account service team throughout campaigns
- Clearly communicate client requests with internal teams, carefully reviewing and confirming that changes are completed as requested
- Manage administrative and campaign work to ensure consistency in the production process, and that deadlines and internal budgets are met on time and on budget
- Meet and collaborate with clients to discuss and identify their requirements
- Provide guidance and direction to Project Managers, as appropriate
- Assist other team members in daily tasks as requested
- Assist the Account Director, Management Supervisor, internal teams, and New Business Development with formulating marketing strategies
- Handle budgets, manage campaign costs, and communicate client invoice amounts to Finance for billing purposes
- Help facilitate production schedules in conjunction with the Production Team
- Issue weekly status reports, timelines, and information from internal reporting tools
- Create and coordinate client reports and other reports as assigned
- Arrange and facilitate meetings, with some requiring additional travel arrangement
- Help with conducting research on prospective clients, industries, and issues
- Make pitches in coordination with other account service teams to win new business
- Research and analyze the background for current clients as well as new business clients—competitive spend/creative, market reports
- Learn to use agency tools to gather information (e.g., Mintel)
- Minimum education of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communication or a closely related discipline
- At least two years of experience in account service in an advertising agency or account service work
- Must have the ability to see the big picture, plan and prepare for the necessary next steps, and execute deliverables
- Highly organized and able to effectively handle multiple tasks, details, and demands concurrently
- A professional, assertive manner, and an ability to instill confidence in clients
- Willingness to support other account executives in traffic, production, and creative as the needs arise in real-time
- Ability to translate conceptual ideas and complex client feedback into coherent and actionable creative requests
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong client service mindset
- A keen eye for details—must be excellent at proofing
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to keep both internal and external team members on task
- Strong computer skills—MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability and willingness to come in early or stay late, as the need arises
- A flexible attitude with the ability to work efficiently and have fun at the same time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Not just a do-er but a strategic and creative thinker.
- Has the ability to drive and consistently meet deadlines.
- Is committed to doing their best work.
- Is highly organized and has the ability to prioritize and manage their workload effectively.
- Is optimistic and positive, with a can-do attitude.
- Is adaptable and flexible—able to work with frequent shifts in direction.
To apply, send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Account Executive–Oakland.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami. To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.