H&L Partners is looking for a Media Buyer who will work in a collaborative environment developing multichannel communications plans for clients as well as new business prospects. In addition to having demonstrated experience in linear and streaming channels, the individual in this position should be passionate about planning and executing advertising campaigns. Strong analytical skills are required, as are insightful media rationales and cutting-edge media solutions. The Media Buyer will work with Media, Account Service, Creative, Digital, and other departments to serve our clients. This individual should excel in client presentations and in developing partnerships with media contacts. A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment is required.
REPORTS TO: Media Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate and place commercials with television/video, cable, radio/audio, and print media for accounts within an assigned group of markets.
- Estimate, update, and adjust all ratings/impressions.
- Negotiate and document rates, CPMs, special placements/sponsorships, and added value.
- Execute all media plans while adhering to established budgets and timelines.
- Clearly and accurately communicate orders and changes to media vendors.
- Monitor buys in progress, arrange for make-goods and credits, and be responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
- Track media expenditures in Agency systems to ensure budget compliance.
- Research and maintain records of trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying.
- Collaborate with clients, media team members, and media planners to resolve media billing issues.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of two years of related experience in media buying required
- Work experience in spot television, spot cable, spot radio, newspapers, local magazines, and outdoor advertising preferred
- FreeWheel (Strata) software proficiency preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of standard media resources and tools
- Comfortable working in a small-agency atmosphere and able to go beyond the scope of work
- Must be disciplined enough to work independently and in team settings
- Able to develop his or her own ideas, take the initiative, and assume responsibility
- Have a passion for collaboration and business challenges
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Able to work well under pressure, under strict deadlines, and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, and impeccable multitasking abilities
- Able to collaborate and build strong relationships with staff, clients, and vendors
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Media Buyer – STL
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.