H&L Partners is looking for an Assistant Media Planner who’s excited to learn the ins and outs of digital media and advertising. If you’re a self-starter, motivated, and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty as you learn about all things digital media, then this is the role for you! The job includes the strategic (consumer analysis & research, media strategy, new media opportunities), and the account-specific (managing media schedules, budget oversight, communicating with media sales reps, ad trafficking). You will be exposed and gain knowledge about all media types (broadcast, digital, print, OOH, and new emerging media).
The Assistant Media Planner will support the Media Supervisor and Associate Media Director with media planning, buying, campaign implementation, activation, and management across digital media campaigns (e.g., display, mobile, video, social media) for Auto, Travel, and Education clients. The position will be based in Atlanta
- Assists buyers with sending station orders, and follow up with correct confirmations and contracts, if necessary.
- Assists buyers with approval and inputting of makegoods, and the prepost/rerate process each quarter.
- Insures makegoods and billing discrepancies are completed in a timely manner, and monthly deadlines are adhered to.
- Proficient in the utilization of Strata, the media buying software, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Preparation of reports, enter makegoods, match discrepancies, compile spreadsheets, assist in presentations and enter media buy information.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining all active buys for their buyers.
- Builds a positive rapport and attains a comfort level communicating with their buyer’s, sales representatives, and other departments including Accounting and Media Planning.
- Follows training program established with buyers to learn the art of estimating, negotiating, buying and maintaining broadcast schedules.
- Shows a genuine interest in media pop culture and stays current with media trends.
- At director’s option, begins placing radio buys and small TV and cable buys with buyer/supervisor/director supervision and approval.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED QUALITIES
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good with detail and able to function well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strata knowledge a big plus
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is a self-starter and a problem solver
- Takes the initiative
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Is a critical and analytical thinker
- Is comfortable working with numbers
- Is excited to learn
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line: Assistant Media Planner-ATL
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.