You’re that person. Who knows media like nobody else. Who breathes it. H&L Partners is looking for a Media Supervisor who knows the emerging media landscape and can develop the right strategies and media plans for our clients across all media types. You’re excited to provide your POV on conferences and seminars and the latest trends. You want to make everyone else smarter. You can tackle day-to-day planning and reporting on several accounts. Wunderkind is your middle name.
The Media Supervisor will participate in the day-to-day planning and reporting activity on several accounts, as well as work closely with the Media Director to develop objectives and strategies for media plans. This position will work with the media sales community, in-house departments (traffic, production, creative, etc.), clients, and creative teams to develop unique and strategically appropriate media approaches, including the exploration of venues (sites, creative technologies, etc.) that use emerging technologies pertinent to our clients’ objectives..
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead media planning research using standard tools (MRI Scarborough, Kantar, eMarketer, etc.)
- Work with team on media strategy development of targeted and innovative media solutions for clients
- Oversee the day-to-day media planning process and workflow
- Develop media plans and buy authorizations
- Manage implementation of all approved media plans and projects
- Work with ad trafficking team to setup up campaigns using third-party server tools
- Maintain client budgets
- Monitor performance of all media plans and develop rationale explaining results for clients
- Deliver POVs and positioning papers on client issues and opportunities
- Ensure timely creation and delivery of work to management and clients
- Lead relationships with agency teams—including account service, creative, finance, social, search, programmatic, production, and traffic—to facilitate flawless execution of media plans
- Maintain close contact with media sales representatives to keep current with data pertaining to their properties and the markets they serve
- Lead weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly status calls with account and production teams in regional offices to facilitate project management
- Train and mentor junior media planning staff on best practices of media planning and buying
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED QUALITIES
- Minimum of 3–5 years of media planning experience
- Traditional media experience is desired but not mandatory
- Knowledge of brand and direct-response advertising tactics, performance metrics, and optimization best practices for direct and programmatic buys across all digital channels (search, web, social, mobile, email, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to creatively develop and execute media plans that deliver positive results for clients
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent agency and client relationships
- Ability to multitask and function well in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to effectively mentor and develop the skills of junior media planning staff
- Knowledge of standard media metrics, concepts, and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree
The Ideal Candidate….
- Is passionate and has a deep perspective about media planning with an emphasis in digital marketing
- Thrives in a fast paced and client-centric environment
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.