Are you addicted to Motionographer? Do you nerd out when DUIK releases a completely overhauled version? Are BUCK and Brand New School personal heroes of yours? Then you might be our next Motion Graphics Designer/Editor at H&L Partners in Oakland, CA. We produce content across TV and digital, and you would be responsible for helping to make it happen. You live to make the best finished product possible—making it good, making it right. And keeping a level head in the usual advertising whirlwind.
The Motion Graphics Designer/Editor is responsible for animation outputting and delivering high-quality and innovative motion graphics content. This role will have a hand in the concept and layout for motion graphics projects and will consult directly with the Creative team from project inception to finish, and will also be responsible for the execution of animated graphics for post-production video across various platforms.
- Conceive, lay out and design enticing motion graphics videos for various media
- Collaborate with the Creative team in designing and creating boards, when required
- Research and analyze the best design techniques and solutions for creating motion graphics
- Edit video footage to create regional TV shell spots, adding elements to enhance motion graphics
- Work with Producers to understand project scope and objectives
- Collaborate with Editors, Producers, and other designers to resolve technical and design issues
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
- Be up to date and well versed in the latest motion graphics processes, methods, and techniques
- Use creative thinking skills to exhibit a range of varied styles and techniques
- At least three to five years of related video/post–motion graphics experience, ideally in a studio setting
- Extensive knowledge of post-production workflow and the latest post-production techniques
- Firm grasp of color space, bit depth, mattes, chroma keying, compositing
- Familiarity with a wide range of camera acquisition formats, including RED, Alexa, GoPro, and Canon
- Solid understanding of video formats and compression techniques
- Creative and technical expertise with Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and other associated tools
- Experience with a variety of third-party motion graphics plug-ins—Mocha, Trapcode Suite, DUIK
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Mac platforms
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Will have working knowledge of and experience in 3D modeling/animation, including Cinema 4D.
- Understands color correction.
- Will have working knowledge of Fusion, Octane, and other renderers.
To apply and send résumé, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.