H&L Partners is seeking a Programmatic Media Manager to join the Media team in their brand-new Oakland office, just off the water at Jack London Square. The Performance Media, Campaign Manager will take a lead role in the launch of an in-house programmatic media trade desk. This is a unique opportunity for a media professional who has experience managing a DSP and is ready for a new challenge. Bring teamwork, an inventive spirit, experience in programmatic media buying, and be ready to lead and shape campaigns for high-profile clients nationwide! If you’re looking for the opportunity to take your programmatic buying experience to the next level, we want to speak with you.
- Assist in the launch of an in-house programmatic trade desk (DSP)
- This includes platform selection, setup, and management.
- Once the DSP is launched, this role will take the lead in managing and optimizing programmatic campaigns within the platform.
- Build, launch, and manage digital campaigns across all forms of performance media, including paid search, social, display, video, native, etc.
- Manage campaign spend and performance, depending on client budget and KPIs
- Analyze and draw conclusions, leveraging third-party data analysis tools, campaign results, and website analytics data
- Provide recommendations to clients based on performance analysis
- Continually improve campaign performance via testing and analysis of performance-based ad copy, positioning, targeting, etc.
- Use reporting and analysis tools to generate reports that track and communicate the business impact of digital marketing initiatives
- Effectively manage multiple clients across multiple platforms simultaneously
- Stay up to date on the latest digital trends, available betas, and new opportunities and present them to clients
- Work on other projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Hands-on optimization experience in the following channels and platforms:
- Display/video/native/audio DSPs
- Facebook and other social media
- SEM (PPC)
- Knowledge of proven optimization techniques, bid management, and automation/algorithms/AI that support the above channels and platforms
- Proficiency in media planning and reporting
- Knowledge of the targeting capabilities of digital ads, by channel and by underlying technology
- Experience with Google Ads
- Strong aptitude for numerical detail and analysis
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in performance marketing, and a background in tech
- 2 years’ experience in managing a DSP programmatic trade desk
- Experience setting up and managing paid search campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Communication: written and spoken (presentation skills included)
- Project management and leadership
- Planning and organization
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Thrives in a work environment that grants autonomy. Launching the in-house trade desk is no small task. The ideal candidate has excellent follow-through skills to oversee projects from start to finish, and conduct ongoing assessments.
- Has demonstrated experience in championing ideas in a campaign environment. The ideal candidate is able to work collaboratively with internal and external teams to manage campaigns.
- Communicates well. The ideal candidate is able to receive and give direction to teams and effectively articulate who the target audience is through presentations.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate is proactive and has a creative approach to solving problems. He or she is eager to make an impact on the evolving media landscape, by learning new platforms and expanding his or her knowledge base, and is excited to launch and grow a team/department.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Programmatic Media Manager-OAK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multi-talented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.