At H&L, we believe that in order to create the best work, we need to bring out the best in each other and ourselves. To do that, we’re always looking for people who can match our passion for innovative and collaborative thinking and our dedication for always going the extra mile.
H&L Partners is searching for a Production Designer to join our Studio team on-site in our Oakland office, in Jack London Square.
- Build pre-press studio mechanicals (digital and print)
- Design infographics and presentations for new business pitches and client work
- Collaborate with studio and creative teams
- Maintain timesheets, track personal time on all projects, adhere to schedules, and be attentive to time and budgets
- Comply with quality standards, as set forth by the department and in brand guidelines
- Work with Sr. Production Designers to foster innovative solutions and follow studio processes
- Participate in weekly status meetings (daily when necessary)
- Create and ensure complete, accurate, and correctly prepared files for vendors and clients
- Interpret ad layouts (working with art director and Sr. Production Designers)
- Keep Integrated Project Managers apprised of the status of work
- Back up work files daily
- At least 6–8 years of agency studio experience or equivalent knowledge
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Traditional graphics and infographic design skills
- Able to produce mechanicals and comps from layout or specs
- Must have the ability to work without layout when necessary
- Experience with both print and digital advertising production
- Good eye for design and comfortable providing layout and design alternatives
- Sensitive to typography
- Digital retouching skills a plus
- A knowledgeable team player who enjoys collaborating with other departments and is able to take direction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail oriented
- Highly organized, with a proven ability to multitask
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Brings a demonstrated knowledge of digital, print, and television production, asset management, and production design processes.
- Is open to new ideas, and to learning new software and processes, and taking on new responsibilities.
- Is a team player who takes the initiative and constantly strives for improvement.
- Is able to thrive in a fast-paced production environment while maintaining a calm and compassionate demeanor.
- Is a flexible team player who will put in the work needed during high-volume periods.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Production Designer-OAK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.