H&L Partners is seeking a Programmatic Media Manager to join the Media team in our brand-new Oakland office, just off the water at Jack London Square. The Programmatic Media Manager will take a lead role in the launch of an in-house programmatic media trade desk. This is a unique opportunity for a media professional who has experience managing a demand-side platform and is ready for a new challenge. Bring teamwork, an inventive spirit, experience in programmatic media buying, and be ready to lead and shape campaigns for high-profile clients nationwide! If you’re looking for the opportunity to take your programmatic buying experience to the next level, we want to speak with you.
- Assist in the continued development of an in-house programmatic trade desk; this includes research and deployment of additional platform technologies, custom inventory connections, and relationships with data vendors
- Work with the director to structure and develop the team as it continues to grow by creating standard operating procedures and training documentation
- Build, launch, and manage digital campaigns across all forms of performance media, including display, native, online audio, and various forms of video
- Manage campaign spend and performance, depending on the client’s budget and key performance indicators
- Analyze and draw conclusions, leveraging third-party data analysis tools, campaign results, and website analytics data
- Provide recommendations to clients according to performance analysis; continually improve campaign performance via testing and analysis of performance-based ad copy, positioning, targeting, and other factors
- Use reporting and analysis tools to generate reports that track and communicate the business impact of digital marketing initiatives
- Effectively manage multiple clients across multiple platforms concurrently
- Stay up to date on the latest digital trends, available betas, and new opportunities, and present them to clients
- Work on other projects as assigned
- Hands-on optimization experience in the following channels and platforms: display, video, native, and audio design-side platforms—Amobee, Display & Video 360, The Trade Desk
- Facebook and other social media search engine marketing (pay-per-click)
- Knowledge of proven optimization techniques, bid management, automation, algorithms, and artificial intelligence that support the above channels and platforms
- Proficiency in media planning and reporting
- Knowledge of the targeting capabilities of digital ads by channel and underlying technology
- Experience with Google Ads and specifically YouTube campaigns
- Strong aptitude for numerical detail and analysis
- Minimum of three years of experience in performance marketing, and a background in technology
- Two years of experience in managing a demand-side platform and programmatic trade desk
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Excellent written and spoken communication, presentation skills included
- Project management and leadership experience
- Proven problem-solving abilities
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Has excellent follow-through skills to oversee projects from start to finish and conduct ongoing assessments.
- Has demonstrated experience in championing ideas in a campaign environment.
- Is able to work collaboratively with internal and external teams to manage campaigns.
- Communicates well, and is able to receive and give direction to teams and effectively articulate who the target audience is through presentations.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Is proactive and has a creative approach to solving problems.
- Is eager to make an impact on the evolving media landscape by learning new platforms and expanding their knowledge base.
- Is excited to launch and grow a team and department.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.