Here at H&L, we’re a hungry team of innovative thinkers working in a collaborative culture and creative environment that puts our people and ideas above all else. We’re looking for a Public Relations Coordinator (Entry-Level) who can match our passion and dedication to go the extra mile. The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to organize content for both internal and external audiences.
SUMMARY: The Entry-Level Public Relations Coordinator will assist the Public Relations team in coordinating communication plans for agency clients. The office is in Miami and will require both remote and in office presence; some travel may also be required.
- Draft press releases, media advisories, and pitches
- Prepare media briefings, coverage reports, and communications plans
- Work with the Public Relations Manager to develop and refine measurement strategies for PR campaigns
- Provide essential support for press initiatives and client activations
- Monitor editorial calendars and news developments
- Perform research to support communications and messaging
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams, which include media contacts
- Monitor client coverage on a proactive basis
- Organize and maintain bank of client press clippings to be shared in client recaps
- Assist with crisis communications as needed
- Understanding of media needs and relationships, and knowledge of social media
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and G Suite
- 1-2 years in journalism, public relations, or in a related field
- A strong interest in public relations and the ability to innovate through a variety of communication channels
- Excellent communication skills, as this is a client-facing role
- Able to independently juggle and prioritize multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable presenting both virtually and in person
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE …
- Will be a capable writer, and have an understanding and love of news
- Is a creative thinker and strategist
- Is proactive, reliable, and resourceful
- Understands the current media landscape
- Is able to find and develop media stories and drive visibility of the client
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.