The Public Relations Coordinator (entry level) will assist the Media/Community Relations team in coordinating communication plans for the Agency’s clients, and will organize content for both internal and external audiences.
- Develops and maintains a working-level understanding of client’s industry, company culture, products/services, and strategic communications plan
- Draft press releases, advisories, statements, and more, and pitch to local media contacts
- Assist in development and implementation programs inclusive of public relations, social media, influencer programs, community/media partnerships, and promotional opportunities
- Track, measure, and report the results of public relations campaigns to internal teams
- Monitor editorial calendars, news developments and client coverage on a proactive basis
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and other information beneficial to clients and colleagues, and report to both as needed
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Account Service, Media, and Production
- Develop and manage budget and billing functions
- Assist with crisis communications as needed
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite; able to create, edit and format Word documents, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Strong organizational and project management skills; able to see projects through from start to finish
- Understanding of media needs and relationships, quick service restaurant experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications, or related fields
- Able to independently juggle and prioritize multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfortable presenting both virtually and in person
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is based in the Jacksonville, Orlando or Tampa area. This is a remote role requiring travel.
- Can find and develop media stories and drive visibility.
- Is a capable writer and creative thinker who has an understanding and a love of local news and community.
- Is proactive, reliable, and resourceful.
- Understands the current media landscape.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.