Looking for a PR opportunity you can really sink your teeth into? We have an opening in Atlanta managing local messaging for one of the hottest brands in the world.
H&L Partners is looking for a Public Relations Manager to support our Greater Atlanta McDonald’s Co-op account. This position will drive local consumer PR and retail activities and work collaboratively with other team members to help deliver on our marketing plan goals.
The PR Manager is knowledgeable about the Atlanta media landscape and will create strategies to position the client and information for maximum impact. He or she will always be on the lookout for opportunities to differentiate our client from competitors.
The PR Manager reports to the Account Director and the agency’s VP, Director of Public Relations.
- Enthusiastically manage relationships with the media and influencer communities, proactively identify story angles and pitch media, and field requests for information
- Develop, execute, and staff media missions, events, and brand activations
- Track, measure, and report (verbally and in writing) the results of PR campaigns to internal teams and clients
- Manage vendors, such as media clipping and reporting services, and their contracts
- Draft press releases, advisories, statements, and other media materials
- Help develop comprehensive PR plans based on business goals and objectives
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and other information beneficial to clients and colleagues, and report to both as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of continuous professional PR experience
- Minimum of five years of media relations experience (TV, print, digital, and social)
- Minimum of five years of PR experience in a corporate or agency environment
- Experience in developing and successfully executing PR and communication plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and presentation skills
- Proven track record in delivering measured results through managing and executing PR programs
- Familiarity with AP style
- Highly motivated self-starter who functions well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to anticipate and prevent problems and offer solutions, and also handle media during a crisis
- Must be able to handle multiple project assignments under tight deadlines and see projects through from start to finish with minimal guidance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, journalism, or communications, or in a related field
The Ideal Candidate…
- Is passionate about PR and storytelling
- Thrives in a work environment that requires self-direction
- Is relentless in his or her pursuit of success and has a competitive entrepreneurial spirit
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Atlanta PR Manager.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.