H&L Partners is looking for a qualified Public Relations (PR) Manager to support our Greater San Francisco and Central Coast Co-op accounts. This position will drive local consumer PR and retail activities and work collaboratively with other team members to help deliver on our marketing plan goals. The PR Manager will also support outreach, social media, and communications efforts for the Agency.
The ideal PR Manager will have an understanding of the Greater San Francisco Bay Area media landscape and have established relationships with local media. This person is passionate about PR and storytelling, and will always be on the lookout for opportunities to differentiate our client from competitors.
The PR Manager will report to the Associate Director of Public Relations, and be based in Oakland, California.
Remote work will be considered from our Oakland office, in the San Francisco Bay Area. However, the Public Relations Manager must be able to attend regular and impromptu meetings on-site, sometimes at short notice.
- Manage relationships with local media and influencer communities
- Proactively identify story angles to pitch to media
- Field requests for information
- Develop, execute, and staff media missions, events, and brand activations
- Track, measure, and report (verbally and written) results of PR campaigns to internal teams and clients
- Review, revise, and draft press releases, advisories, statements, and other media materials
- Help develop comprehensive PR plans based on business goals and objectives
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and other information beneficial to clients and colleagues, and report on them as needed
- Handle crisis communication as needed
- Foster positive relationships with corporate partners
- Prepare and present plans at client meetings
- Manage client PR subcommittees
- Assist in internal PR-related activities
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or in a related field
- Three to five years of continuous professional PR experience
- Minimum of three years of PR experience in an agency or corporate environment
- Minimum of three years of media relations experience (TV, print, digital, and social), including handling crisis communication
- Client engagement and presentation experience
- Proven track record in delivering measured results through managing and executing PR programs
- Familiarity with AP style
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, presentational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate and prevent problems and present solutions
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete a project from start to finish with minimal guidance or within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE….
- Has a proactive attitude, with a resourceful and creative approach to problem-solving.
- Is comfortable and adaptable working under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Is passionate about making a positive impact in the community.
- Thrives in a highly dynamic environment with flexibility to rearrange schedules in order to align with business needs and meet critical deadlines.
- Is willing to learn and explore new channels in the evolving PR landscape.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.