H&L Partners is looking for a qualified Public Relations (PR) Specialist to support our North Florida and Central Florida McDonald’s Co-op accounts. The position will drive return on investment and position the client as a leading consumer brand in the marketplace. The Public Relations Specialist will work in parallel with other team members to deliver on marketing plan goals.
The ideal Public Relations Specialist will have an understanding of the North and Central Florida media landscape and be capable of forming relationships with local media. This person is passionate about storytelling and hungry to differentiate our client from competitors.
The Public Relations Specialist will report to the Senior Public Relations Manager and be based in the Tampa, Orlando, or Jacksonville area, with daily partnership with the account service teams also based in that geographical area.
- Review, revise, and draft press releases, advisories, statements, and other media materials
- Work with the Senior Public Relations Manager to develop and refine measurement strategies for PR campaigns
- Help develop comprehensive PR plans based on business goals and objectives
- Perform research to support communications and messaging
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams, which include media contacts
- Monitor client coverage on a proactive basis
- Manage client PR subcommittees
- Assist with crisis communication as needed
- Understanding of media needs and relationships and knowledge of social media
- Minimum of three years of PR experience in an agency or corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills, as this is a client-facing role
- Proven track record in delivering measured results through managing and executing PR programs
- Comfortable presenting both virtually and in person
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365
- Bachelor’s Degree
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is a capable writer who has an understanding and a love of news.
- Is passionate about making a positive impact in the community.
- Is proactive, reliable, and resourceful.
- Is willing to learn and explore new channels in the evolving media and PR landscape.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.