H&L Partners is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant with a creative approach to everything you do (except our balance sheet). In our fast-paced advertising agency, you’ll be a vital part of our culture, enabling our creative spirit and contributing to our collaborative team.
The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audits, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Please have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in the budget and forecast process
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Participate in the treasury management process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Ownership of second company’s accounting requirements (Wolf House Partners)
- Proven experience as a senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close processes
- Hands-on experience with ERP accounting software packages and QuickBooks
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or relevant experience
- Relevant certification (e.g., CMA or CPA) is preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE….
- Evaluates processes, make recommendations, and executes.
- Thinks strategically and solves problems.
- Has a positive “can do” attitude—no job is too big or too small.
- Is able to manage work effectively and can switch gears to meet deadlines.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.