H&L Partners is looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant with a creative approach to everything you do (except our balance sheet). In our fast-paced advertising agency, you’ll be a vital part of our culture, enabling our creative spirit and contributing to our collaborative team.
As a Senior Accountant, you’ll prepare financial reports, perform account reconciliations, maintain the general ledger, prepare tax returns, assist with audits, and perform other accounting duties.
We are looking for someone with solid working knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in the budget and forecast process
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Participate in the treasury management process
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Ownership of second company’s accounting requirements (Wolf House Partners)
- Five or more years of relevant experience in finance or accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with ERP accounting software packages and QuickBooks
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close processes
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state and national regulations
- A master of details who can also understand the big picture
- Able to communicate clearly in writing and speech
- CPA is a plus
- Big Four or other audit experience is a plus
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Evaluates processes, makes recommendations, and executes.
- Thinks strategically and solves problems.
- Has a positive “can do” attitude—no job is too big or too small.
- Manages work effectively and switches gears to meet deadlines.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.