You are a Senior Editor who knows Premiere Pro and After Effects like the back of your hand. You live to make the cut better. And you’re happy cutting broadcast spots as well as digital content, short and long form. You embrace the challenge of telling a good story, can mentor a junior editor, and welcome the challenge of leading the day-to-day activities of our busy editorial studio. If that sounds like you, then you might be the Senior Editor we are seeking for our Oakland office.
- Organize all footage for use in videos and on internal edit suite server.
- Provide creative input on all initial scripts and throughout the post-production process.
- Design graphics and create edit effects.
- Screen all cuts with the producer and the creative team throughout the approval process.
- Address all agency and client cut changes.
- If outside vendor is engaged, supervise and attend final post.
- Archive projects and maintain the organization of the archive.
- Maintain all edit equipment, troubleshoot problems, and help to expedite repairs.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Do basic sound design.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Solid technical understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premier Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PluralEyes, and at least a passing acquaintance with or a willingness to learn DaVinci Resolve.
- Familiarity with various camera post workflows including but not limited to RED, Arri, Canon, and Sony.
- Solid knowledge of After Effects. Required skills include titling, motion design, track mattes, vector animation, some roto/scene cleanup, and direct-linking from Premiere to After Effects.
- Proficiency in file compression.
- Experience in meeting a variety of technical specifications for broadcast, digital, and nontraditional delivery.
- Familiarity with color correction for broadcast as well as online.
- Basic capabilities in and a willingness to learn sound design and audio finishing using Adobe Audition, Pro Tools, and the like.
- Ability to be organized, detail-oriented, and pro-active, with a can-do attitude. Must be adept at multitasking.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations while managing deadlines and organizing a multitude of details. Must be diplomatic and interested in problem- solving.
- Knowledge of 3D software (including Cinema 4D) a plus.
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college.
- 5+ years of related work experience with an editorial or editorial post-production house at an agency.
- Experience serving as a VFX/post supervisor on set a definite plus.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Senior Editor-OAK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.