H&L Partners is looking for a Senior Media Buyer who will work in a collaborative environment developing effective and efficient media buys, primarily in traditional media channels. The individual in this position should be passionate about developing partnerships with media contacts to ensure paid and added value opportunities are created to achieve client goals. Strong analytical skills are required, as are insightful media rationales and cutting-edge media solutions. The Senior Media Buyer will work with Media, Account Service, Digital, and other departments to serve our clients. A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment is required. This position will report to the Group Media Director.
This position is open to applicants in the Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, and St. Louis areas.
- Execute all media plans while adhering to established budgets and timelines
- Negotiate and place commercials with television/video, cable, and radio/audio for accounts within an assigned group of markets
- Estimate, update, and adjust all ratings/impressions
- Negotiate and document rates, CPMs, special placements or sponsorships, and added value
- Maintain close contact with media sales representatives to keep current with data pertaining to their properties and the markets they serve
- Clearly and accurately communicate orders and changes to media vendors
- Monitor buys in progress, arrange for make-goods and credits, and be responsible for the post-buy results of all buys
- Track media expenditures in Agency systems to ensure budget compliance
- Maintain client budgets and media estimates
- Resolve billing discrepancies and approve media invoices for payment
- Train and mentor junior media staff on best practices of media planning and buying
- Present recommendations to clients and internal teams
- Research and maintain records of trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years of related experience in media buying required
- Work experience in spot television, spot cable, spot radio advertising is a must
- Strong working knowledge of standard media resources and tools
- Comfortable working in a small-agency atmosphere and able to go beyond the scope of work
- Must be disciplined enough to work independently and in team settings
- Able to develop original ideas, take the initiative, and assume responsibility
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, and impeccable multitasking abilities
- Able to collaborate and build strong relationships with staff, clients, and vendors
- Highly organized and able to function well in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, with sharp attention to accuracy, organization, and detail
- Knowledge of standard media metrics, concepts, and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- FreeWheel Strata software proficiency preferred
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE…
- Is a self-starter and a problem solver.
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
- Is a critical and analytical thinker.
- Enjoys working with numbers.
- Has solid negotiation skills.
- Meets strict deadlines.
To apply, click here.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.