H&L Partners is looking for a Sr Media Buyer / Planner who will work in a collaborative environment developing multichannel communications plans for clients as well as new business prospects. In addition to having demonstrated experience in linear and streaming channels, the individual in this position should be passionate about planning and executing advertising campaigns. Strong analytical skills are required, as are insightful media rationales and cutting-edge media solutions. The Media Buyer will work with Media, Account Service, Creative, Digital, and other departments to serve our clients. This individual should excel in client presentations and in developing partnerships with media contacts. A demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment is required.
REPORTS TO: Media Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiate and place commercials with television/video, cable, radio/audio, and print media for accounts within an assigned group of markets.
- Estimate, update, and adjust all ratings/impressions.
- Negotiate and document rates, CPMs, special placements/sponsorships, and added value.
- Develop and deliver effective media strategies and tactical plans utilizing research tools, historical client data, knowledge of media landscape and innovations
- Execute all media plans while adhering to established budgets and timelines.
- Clearly and accurately communicate orders and changes to media vendors.
- Monitor buys in progress, arrange for make-goods and credits, and be responsible for the post-buy results of all buys.
- Manage media plan execution per timelines and budgets
- Ensure appropriate plan approvals are obtained
- Provide activation team members the necessary plan detail for communications to be developed and submitted to buying team
- Verify correct media is running
- Analyze, report and oversee necessary optimizations for results of media campaigns
- Track media expenditures in Agency systems to ensure budget compliance.
- Research and maintain records of trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying.
- Collaborate with clients, media team members, and media planners to resolve media billing issues.
- Handle other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 4 years of related experience in media buying planning required
- Work experience in spot television, spot cable, spot radio, newspapers, local magazines, and outdoor advertising preferred
- FreeWheel (Strata) software proficiency preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of standard media resources and tools
- Comfortable working in a small-agency atmosphere and able to go beyond the scope of work
- Must be disciplined enough to work independently and in team settings
- Able to develop his or her own ideas, take the initiative, and assume responsibility
- Have a passion for collaboration and business challenges
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organization
- Able to work well under pressure, under strict deadlines, and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, and impeccable multitasking abilities
- Able to collaborate and build strong relationships with staff, clients, and vendors
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Sr Media Buyer Planner – Tampa.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, and multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.